Earthtech provides a full spectrum of mining consulting services, with professionals licensed in Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and Ohio. We have experience with large and small operations in coal, non-coal, surface, and underground mining.
Our staff of experts has been providing clients with technical engineering support to all phases of mining projects for over thirty years. Our track record includes successful completion of mining projects including: permitting; mine planning design; resource evaluations and valuations; operations consulting; and reclamation.
We specialize in providing sound technical support; and acting as the professional liaison between clients and federal, state, and local governments and regulatory agencies.
For inquiries about our mining services, please contact Ryan D. Stairs, P.G.
- Environmental permit applications for DEP (surface and underground mines, preparation plants, refuse reprocessing, refuse disposal, coal combustion ash by-products, small and large non-coal, GFCC, NPDES, PA Dam Safety)
- MSHA submissions
- Penn DOT submissions
- Municipal submissions
- Exploration and reserve evaluations, mining feasibility studies, and coal/mineral valuations
- Haulage system design
- Ventilation system design
- MSHA training
- Noise and dust sampling and reporting
- Pre-blast surveys
- Hydrologic studies for environmental and operational purposes
- Water monitoring
- Air quality permitting
- Overburden sampling, analysis, and interpretation
- Slope stability analysis
- AMD passive and conventional treatment systems
- Stockpile inventories
- Surveying: surface and underground
- Computer-aided groundwater modeling
- Stream surveys and wetland delineations
- PNDI endangered species inventory
- Threatened & endangered species protection and enhancement plans